|Job title:||Assistant Controller|
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Maintain / own the pricing catalog for sales and service.
- Potentially calculate equipment margin at sale
- Ink – all aspects of accounting; pricing, tiers, reporting, analysis of profits, and reserves.
- Intercompany accounting:
- EU / DUS warranty tracking (i.e. customer contracts w/ EU,
- Key account tracking.
- Insure DUS is not failing to receive warranty credit.
- Transfer price support / analysis.
- Monitor warranty warehouse
- Own the accuracy/process of customer difference accounting tracking:
- Hour tracking on limited service contracts,
- Print head deals (accounting / tracking for the permutations),
- Square foot programs
- Other, as developed
- DITN (Canada Subsidiary)– close and own the accounting for Canadian subsidiary
- Perform transactional work within accounting group as needed, including billing, coding, sales order, fixed assets, allowance, lease vehicles.
- Expense report management / review (sales, exec) / training. Currently use Concur.
- Inventory month-end reconciliation (working with warehouse mgr.). Post and monitor inventory transactions. Perform the monthly close of inventory as directed or requested by accounting.
- Customer profitability reports development. Service contract analysis and other important aspects of understanding, analyzing and concluding with accurate accounting and service data.
- Product line analysis from service P/L.
- With Controller and other accounting staff to work with service and operations on identifying and solving cost leaks and/ or inefficiency within BUs. Partner to learn Astea (service CRM) to help solve issues between MAS and Astea.
- Support accounting team in the successful execution of closings (monthly, quarterly and year-end), on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP, setting clear direction, resolving obstacles and ensuring a high quality review process:
- Journal entry processing
- Account reconciliations
- P&L analysis (actual vs. budget and forecast)
- GL Maintenance
- Manage second-level specific (large) customer A/R and A/P issues.
- Administration of company assets including company vehicles and credit cards.
- Special projects focused on accounting, analysis, and operations of the company.
- Create reports and analyze data in Salesforce and EDA to capture relevant metrics and provide relevant information to sales team.
- Present all requested reports and analysis in a clear format, with explanation, in a timely basis.
- Self-starter and self-motivated. Entrepreneurial in attitude. We are a small / mid company that is growing and needs self-starters.
- Ensure company financial system are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Proactively communicate with colleagues at all levels for the betterment of the company. Be an active contributor to the company strategic decisions. Understand difference of opinions and be comfortable with both making a case for your position and also being open minded to change.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send all related paperwork to: HR@durstus.com