Customer Support Engineer
|Job title:||Customer Support Engineer
|Reports to:||Director of Operations
The purpose of the Customer Support Engineer position is to provide phone and field technical support.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Candidates must have solid, hands on, mechanical skills and experience with troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems.
Technology specific training will take place in Rochester and at customer sites throughout the U.S.
This is a position with rapid growth potential. Support Technicians provide timely and cost effective installation, repair and technical support of Durst products and promoting/maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction with Durst products and services.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs to electro- mechanical systems and sub-systems
- Maximize Durst equipment uptime through timely, response and effective/efficient repair and maintenance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Communicate and interact with customers, sales and other service counterparts in a positive, courteous and professional manner and always present a professional image to Durst customers
- Provide troubleshooting phone support for customers
- Provide on-site service repairs
Location: Rochester, NY. Relocation opportunities available upon the completion of training.
Travel: In the USA 25% – 50% variable
These support positions can lead to career advancement opportunities such as advancement to Field Service Engineer status, senior tech support, or Sr. Field Service Engineer.
- Associate degree or equivalent training or experience
- Proficiency with PC operation
- Mechanically inclined with good dexterity
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficiency with reading schematics and wiring diagrams
- Hands on experience with hand tools
- Good driving record
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee/canidate may be required to:
Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift 75 lbs and push, pull and reach for boxes and parts weighing 75lbs.
Change in Business Needs
The job description above is defined based on current business conditions. As business conditions change, there may be a need to add, remove or change the existing responsibilities/expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send all related paperwork to: HR@durstus.com