Training and Development Manager
Durst Image Technology US LLC is an 80-year-old company that manufactures “Best In Class” commercial digital printers and is third generation family owned. Our culture is one based on teams, respect, and continual learning. Durst Image Technology US LLC provides health benefits, vacation and sick time, STD and LTD, 401K matching, and a bonus program. Benefits are available upon hire.
The purpose of the Training Development Manager position is to ensure Durst North America provides a successful training experience for all levels of Field Service Engineering (FSE), Technical Assistance Center Staff (TAC), and customer technicians. This experience would encompass scheduling to completion the steps associated with each of the program(s). The employees and customers would be fully educated in the relevant material designated for the level of proficiency of their roles, be tested before and after training to ensure the success of the program and have the needed takeaways to reference when doing machine repairs.
Upon completion technical persons, with or without directly relevant experience, would be able to effectively, efficiently, and professionally service Durst North America’s equipment at the level they were trained. The Training Development Manager will also provide cross training and remedial training plans for existing service engineers/technicians to quickly learn new models of Durst equipment and/or improve their skill level on existing equipment
The Training Development Manager will also organize and communicate plans for training employees and customers while traveling to the Europe training facilities.
Newly hired service employees (TAC and FSE) will report directly to the Training Development Manager while in their initial service training phase. (Approximately 3-5 months.) Upon completing the initial training phase, the new hire will report to their appropriate Department Manager. Existing employees reporting line will not change while in a service training class.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Continually develop and enhance the existing program. Transition towards a blended delivery with multimedia, academic style learning, subject matter experts as guest training engineers, and off-site practical training with product line gurus.
- Establish and manage a mentor program for continued development in the field.
- Schedule employees and/or customer training dates and provide assistance with travel plans.
- Develop course outlines and materials for necessary training classes.
- Develop, with the assistance of the Product Technical Team, detailed plans for the courses. (Specific detail on subject matter and method of teaching.)
- Develop, with the assistance of the Product Technical Team, intranet training site with searchable resources including (white papers, diagrams, videos, handouts, tests; written and practical, etc.
- Lead training courses and adapt each course to the level of person being trained while maintaining a consistent level of competence upon completion.
- Travel to customer sites with technicians to provide training on service call “soft skills” and/or technical training on equipment.
- Throughout the training program, provide tests and feedback to students based on the results of the tests.
- Improve the overall effectiveness of the training programs by soliciting feedback from students and implementing changes.
Hours will be 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM – These hours are subject to change as business needs dictate.
We look forward to hearing from you.