Product Support Technician – Rochester, NY
Durst Image Technology US, established 1936, is a fast-growing company that sells and services large format ink jet printers in North America. We are seeking candidates for phone and field technical support positions.
Locations: Rochester NY
Candidates must have solid, hands on, mechanical skills and experience with troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems. Technology specific training will take place in Rochester and at customer sites throughout the U.S.
This is a position with rapid growth potential. Support Technicians provide timely and cost-effective phone support, installation, repair, and technical support of Durst products while promoting/maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction with Durst products and services.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs to electro- mechanical systems and sub-systems
- Provide troubleshooting phone support for customers
- Maximize Durst equipment uptime through timely, response and effective/efficient repair and maintenance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Communicate and interact with customers, sales and other service counterparts in a positive, courteous and professional manner and always present a professional image to Durst customers
- Provide on-site service repairs
Durst has an extensive training program and candidates with the following profiles, skills, and hobbies from outside the printing or field service industry have been highly successful in this role; Automotive repair, Hot Rod enthusiast, Automation engineers, Automation machine assemblers, Manufacturing machine assemblers or repair, Robotics experience, Bicycle building and repair, Motorcycle rebuild and repair, Small engine repair, Medical equipment repair, Espresso machine repair, Mechanical Technology graduates, Alarm system installers, and Marine mechanics.
These support positions can lead to career advancement opportunities such as advancement to Field Service Engineer status, senior tech support, Sr. Field Service Engineer, and Product Manager.
Education requirements: Associate degree or equivalent training and/or experience
Desired experience and skills:
- Proficiency with PC operation
- Mechanically inclined with good dexterity
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficiency with reading schematics and wiring diagrams
- Hands on experience with hand tools
- Willingness to do overnight travel is a plus
- Must have valid driver license and be willing to do pre-employment drug and criminal background checks.
Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift 75 lbs. and push, pull and reach for boxes and parts weighing 75lbs.
We look forward to hearing from you.