Field Service Technician – Chicago Area
The purpose of the Field Service Technician/Engineer is to ensure timely and cost effective installation, repair, removal/relocation, and technical support of Durst products while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction to all Durst customers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide the timely and effective installation of Durst products and services.
- Perform effective initial customer operator/maintenance training, as required.
- Maximize Durst equipment uptime through timely, response and effective/efficient repair and maintenance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Efficiently manage utilization of Durst assets (parts, tools, test equipment, autos) and resources (travel expenses, phone, etc.) to achieve targeted financial results.
- Communicate and interact with customers, sales and other service counterparts in a positive, courteous and professional manner and always present a professional image to Durst
- Complete all job-related administrative aspects (call reports, part returns, time/expense reporting, etc.) on time and error free.
- 1 -3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience or training within some form of mechanical discipline.
- Experience with color lab printer/processor service, ink jet or equivalent a plus.
- Working knowledge of multimeters for electrical testing.
- Working knowledge of AC and DC up to 3 phase.
- Ability to do overnight travel via car and plane throughout USA & Canada.
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and software is a plus.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis
- Push or pull up to 100 lbs. on a regular basis
- Stand or walk up to 2/3 of the time
- Twist, bend or squat on a regular basis
We look forward to hearing from you.